Having trouble with that short story? Stuck on a crucial scene in a longer work? Editing the opening of your novel for the umpteenth time and need advice? Join me—editor, author, teacher and writing coach, Mary Vensel White—for a multi-genre weekend workshop, October 16-18, 2020. Submit 20-25 pages (we can discuss if you have something slightly shorter or longer) and join other serious writers for instruction, discussion and critique. This is a productive, results-oriented workshop that requires your active participation! The workshop will include a minimum of three participants and a maximum of ten, so we’ll have plenty of time for each person’s writing.
What you get:
- Three, two-hour Zoom sessions where we’ll dive into general fiction and editing techniques, and deep dive into the specifics of your manuscript.
- An opportunity to meet, network and learn with a small group of fellow writers dedicated to improving their craft.
- Feedback from the group and editorial notes and suggestions from me, during and after the workshop.
What I need from you:
- Fill out the sign-up form below and be prepared to forward your manuscript to me by October 5th for circulation to the group.
- Attend at least two of the sessions—preferably, all three.
- Provide thoughtful feedback about the other submissions and be open to critiques of yours.
The workshop will take place over the weekend of October 16-18, 2020, and will be held over Zoom during the following three sessions:
- Friday, October 16th, 5:00-7:00 p.m. (PST) Happy Hour Session: Meet the writers and hear about their writing projects. Receive opening editorial guidance from me, along with general fiction and editing advice catered to your submissions.
- Saturday, October 17th, 1:00-3:00 p.m. (PST) Guided workshopping and editorial notes.
- Sunday, October 18th, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (PST) Guided workshopping, editorial notes, and closing advice and encouragement!
If you’re interested, please fill out the form linked below (download, print, fill out, scan, and email back to me). Tell me about the writing you’d bring to the workshop and what your aims are. Because this is a results-oriented workshop held over a limited time, I’d like to make sure we have a group of writers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and make real changes. The cost for this workshop, to be held over three Zoom sessions, is $199. After I receive your registration form, I’ll follow up about how to pay, and how to access the workshop that weekend.
Questions? Send me an email (email@example.com).